Gray

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why must vacations be so short?

I don't know about anyone else, but the title is the hardest thing for me to write on a blog post. I feel like I have to be so creative.

I got my new glasses! What do you think?
And the most magical thing happened: no more headaches! It's the best thing ever. I only need them for reading and computing, so they aren't a permanent facial addition. But I don't mind them at all, it's just something to get used to. 

We got back from Nevada on Sunday from our week long Thanksgiving break, and it was so wonderful.
It was our first Thanksgiving together, so I wanted to make sure we took a picture for memories (and of course for the blog).


We spent most of the time just relaxing and hanging out with family.  But I especially loved seeing these boys again!
My nephews are such studs. And they're growing up so fast! Zachary just turned 1 year old, and Jeffrey is well on his way. They just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Jack also had a great time, mostly because he got to antagonize my sister's dog and hardly EVER had to be in his kennel. But ever since we've gotten back, it's like we've had to start from scratch! He's into everything again, and hates being in that darn kennel. Oh the life of having a puppy.

We even decided to go shopping on BLACK FRIDAY. We didn't get up super early to face all of the crazies out and about, but we did go later in the afternoon. Andy really wants a Bluray player for Christmas (I don't really see the fascination with them...yet).  We didn't get a player itself on Friday, but we did get really good deals on some Bluray movies! Jumping the gun a little? I think so, but when else can you find the Lord of the Rings movies on Bluray for just $5.00 a piece??
While mom and I were clothes shopping, Andy and my dad went to Scheels to look at manly stuff, and this is what they found (I thought it was hilarious)
These are REAL BULLETS! What is the world coming to?

We also went to Costco, because Andy needs huge bulk sized tubs of nacho cheese. I found my new favorite book: 
Who the heck needs a book that big?? I could barely lift it up!

Saturday was probably the most epic day of the trip. So epic that we decided to wear matching colors!

 But seriously....Andy loves precious metals (you know, like gold and silver). Lucky for him, he married a girl from the "silver state" and who just so happens to be the daughter of a gold miner of 20+ years. So, we set out for a long drive to find some dirt that may or may not have some gold in it. It was a great day, and Jack got to come! 
While the men dug the dirt from a very large hole, my mom and I were on Jack duty. I just took him off his leash and let him wander through the sagebrush.  Every once in a while I'd call him back, and he'd come and check in (so I was sure he was still alive) and be off again. I only almost lost him once :)
Considering we were literally in the middle of the desert, there wasn't any water for them to pan for the gold, so we decided to take it home and pan in the garage.
Andy got a prime lesson about how to gold pan from my dad, the veteran, and we sat and panned for gold for quite some time. 
But, we did pretty good! Look at our findings! Oh yes, that's gold alright. And it was a lot of fun to sit and sift the dirt. I just love my dad!

Now we're back at school and there's only a couple more weeks until we're Iowa bound for Christmas! A word of advice: don't get a dog if you plan to travel a lot. HASSEL!

NEW FAVORITE BLOG ALERT!
I found this amazing blog about DIY crafts made from simple things. I'm in love. I've already done the Christmas Trees. I did mine in blue, white, and silver. I'm not quite as skilled yet, but practice makes perfect right? I'll be a super crafter in no time!

1 comment:

  1. candice! when i saw you the other day i thought "oh candice is wearing cute glasses" i totoally thought they were just for looks and forgot that thye were your new glasses! they are very cute on you! sounds like you have a great thanksgiving together!

    ReplyDelete