Gray

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Surprises!

Should I update this more? Probably. Some exciting things have happened in the past few days! The wedding plans are moving along as usual; I feel like I get a little bit more done every day. I would talk more about it, but why would I want to ruin the fun of telling everyone exactly what my wedding will be like before it even happens? Let's just say, I can't wait! Not only because it's going to be sooo cute, but because I finally get to marry my love!
But enough with the mush, on to life as of lately. I returned home from having lunch with my mom yesterday and noticed a brown box sitting by our front door that the UPS man had dropped off (I just love those UPS men...they always bring me happy things!). My original thought was "oh cool, we got something for the wedding". But then, I looked closer to behold the glorious sight of the words "Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer" on the box. My thought immediately changed to "holy crap that's for me!" My first wedding present from my wonderful family back east! They are so wonderful to me! And, let's be honest, like I'm NOT going to open it up and take a peak inside. It was so beautiful:
Yep, I chose tangerine. Why? Because it's so stinking cute!! I'm starting to become obsessed with the color orange. We don't have much counter space (at all) in our new apartment, but Andy says that we'll find space for it because it's like an X-Box for women - it HAS to be on display. I totally agree. I want every other wife to be envious of my beautiful mixer.

Anyway, some more exciting news is: Andy finally got a new phone!! He was on an anti-phone contract kick for a while so he has been on a pre-paid track phone for a while, which I think he regrets. So today, he went into Verizon and joined our phone plan and got this (well, I think this is the one he got):

 Yahoo! I can actually here him when we're talking on the phone, he get's the internet, and we can finally send picture messages which is so helpful during a long distance wedding-planning engagement. I'm SO happy, and I'm so glad that he finally has a phone that he loves. Makes my heart smile!

And something else that makes my heart smile are my two perfect nephews. Today we went to Lovelock, which is about an hour away, to visit Bethany and Jeffrey and go swimming in the public pool. It was so much fun!        
                                                     Zachary LOVES to swim in the pool!

 It was a little foreign to Jeffrey, but he didn't cry....so that's a good sign! He was perfectly content to hang out and enjoy some rays. 
 I'm so happy I get to spend so much time with my family. This is turning out to be quite a great summer.
Only 18 more days!

5 comments:

  1. "XBox for women". True statement. And I LOVE the orange. My choice is the turquoise one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sooo jealous of your mixer!!! i want one soo stinking bad! i registered for the same one in chrome :) i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't really want one. I don't bake enough to use it and I would hate having it on my counter all the time. But congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike's mom has a red one and said it was a MUST to put on our registry. And now I'm trying to remember if we did...ha :)

    ReplyDelete