We have been trying so hard to take advantage of every warm day we can. A couple of weekends ago we really wanted to go camping, but then it decided to snow on Friday. Of course. With our plans ruined, we decided we were still going to go camping no matter what, so we set up camp in our living room! And thanks to having a gas stove, we made some S'mores for the occasion!
Jack loved it too because he didn't have to sleep in his kennel for once. After tossing and turning most of the night (because, let's face it, our carpet is SO not comfy) we woke up at 5:00 am and thought "why are we making ourselves suffer when our bed is just down the hall?" so we went to bed and slept for another 5 hours. camping in the living room, not so successful.
Last weekend we went on a nice nature walk. I was kind of freaking out because, well, it's hunting season. But we didn't die! It was also our first test run of a leashless Jack that wasn't around the apartment complex. SUCCESS! Not only did he love it, but he stayed close to us the entire time. What a great dog. We came across some bones of an elk/moose (I'm saying moose because it sounds way cooler).
The coolest part was, I even knew what bones they were! I felt so smart.
We brought one home for Jack, which he LOVED. But it isn't with us anymore, due to the fact that it was making him sick.
Last week I really wanted to try something new. I LOVE baking, and although they are ALWAYS Andy's request, Chocolate Chip Cookies get boring after a while. So, I went online to find some cookies I've never tried to make before, and found these. They're chocolate chip marshmallow cookies, with the marshmallow inside!! And....they were delicious. Definitely making them again.
Today, we're carving our pumpkin, studying, and maybe another hike! Here are just some more pictures of our lives lately!
Andy made Jack a diaper from a plastic bag...he wore it for a while surprisingly.

Andy has an internship at the Jr. High. It was homecoming week, and this day was mismatch day. He won most school spirit during Homecoming in High School....not much has changed.
Jack right after playing outside in the rain. Wet and stinky!
...I just love this picture. Shirts tucked into the sweat pants...and sweat pants tucked into the socks. Love it. Love him. I finally found someone who is just as strange and goofy as I am.
Andy the elephant!









No comments:
Post a Comment